By entering your email address or phone number, you agree to receive notices regarding our products and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. Payout rates will be determined as set forth in the terms of service for the Tsū social platform based on advertising and commerce amounts actually received by Tsū less costs and fees.
What kinds of information do we collect?
• Things you and others do and provide.
• Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you sign up on tsū.social,. This can include information in or about the information you provide such as email address, interests, other sites you interact with, who referred you to tsū.social and other information (including metadata). Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide for the purposes related to tsū.social.
• Data with special protections. You can choose to provide information about your interests, religious views, political views, . This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) is subject to special protections under European Union (“EU”) law.
• Device Information. As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with tsū.social website, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of the tsū.social website on your phone to better personalize the content (including advertisements) or features you see on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an a communication we sent you or advertisement we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information we obtain from these devices includes: (i) device attributes such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, browser type, app; (ii) identifiers such as unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers; (iii) device settings such your GPS location, camera or photos; (iv) network and connections such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network; and (v) information from cookies.
What is our legal basis for processing data?
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
• in accordance with your consent (which you may change or revoke at any time);
• to comply with our legal obligations;
• to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
• as necessary in the public interest; and
• for other legitimate business purposes, including providing an open and safe service to our users and partners.
How do we use the information collected?
We use the information we have as follows:
• To improve and personalize our services. We use the information to deliver our services, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you (such as groups, communities or events you may be interested in or interests you may want to follow). We use your preferences, interests and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others, and the people, places, or things you're interested in to personalize our services so that are unique and relevant to you as possible.
• Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services. We use the information we have to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their advertisements and services and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services.
• Promote safety, integrity and security. We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of the tsū.social website, and promote safety and security on tsū.social. For example, we use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our policies.
• Communicate with you. We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our services, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
How is information shared?
We may share information with others in the following ways:
• Information you share and communicate with us the tsū.social website. When you share content or communicate with us, you have the ability to choose who you want to share with, such as a group, all of your friends or the public. Public information can be seen by anyone, including if they don't have an account the tsū.social platform. This includes your tsū.social username and any information you share with a public audience.
Sharing with Third Parties
We work with third parties who help us provide and improve our services. We also impose restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
• Third Parties who use our analytics services. We provide aggregated statistics and insights to better understand people who signed up on the tsū.social website. For example, aggregate demographic and other information, for the purpose of better understanding tsū.social website registrants.
• Advertisers. We provide advertisers with reports about the types of people viewing advertisements and how their advertisements are performing, but we don't share personally identifiable information about our users (information such as your name or email address that identifies who are users are) without your permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an advertisement was seen by a male or female between specific ages who lives in a particular locale and have certain interests) to help better understand their audience. We also may confirm which advertisements led you to interact with an advertiser or make a purchase.
• Law enforcement or legal requests. We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data. You also have the right to object and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes:
• the right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by contacting us at the below address; and
• the right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our or a third parties’ legitimate interests.
• Data retention, account deactivation and deletion. We store data until we believe it is no longer necessary to our service, or until you request we delete your information. This is an individualized determination that depends on a number of factors such as the nature of the data, why it is collected, and relevant legal or operational document and information retention requirements.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, regulators or others:
• In response to a legal request as we determine required or appropriate.
• When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of our service, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or service), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Information we receive about you can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
Special Notice for California Residents
(This section applies only to California Residents)
• Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have rights in relation to your personal information; however, your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, the Company cannot disclose specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the personal information, your account with us or the security of the business’s systems of networks.
• You have the right to know the personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you during the preceding 12 months.
• You have the right to request in writing from us a copy of the:
• Categories of information we have collected about you individually
• The categories of sources from which we collected that information
• Why we collected that information about you
• The categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information
• The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about you for a business purpose
• The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
• Please note that we are only required to respond twice per calendar year to your right to know.
• You have the right to request that the we delete any personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you individually, subject to certain exceptions.
• We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your right to know, delete or to opt-out of services or sales. To assert your rights please go to contact us at the address below. To verify your identity, we will ask you to login to your account. If we cannot verify your identity from the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
• Right to Opt-Out. We share information about you with third parties or affiliates. As a result of certain instances of sharing we may receive a benefit, which California law considers a “sale” of personal information. To the extent that you do not want us to share your personal information with the third party in this way, you have the right to opt-out of such sharing. If you would like to no longer have your personal information shared in this way, please contact us at the below address. Please note that to the extent you opt-out we may be unable to offer you some of our services which require sharing. If you have further questions, you can contact us at the below address.
We'll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our service.
How to contact tsū.social with questions. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us by mail at:
P.O. Box 1061
Norwalk, CT 06854